Certificate IV in Musical Theatre
Certificate IV in Musical Theatre is a full time course that runs on a school term basis over a period of thirty-eight weeks. The units are bundled to provide the student with an all-round knowledge of performing arts with a speciality in their chosen major. This course includes a strong, all round training with a variety of local and interstate trainers, including group and private tutoring. Students will have the opportunity to train in current commercial trends and experience a wide field of performance and practical opportunities. The Cert IV runs in three school terms of training with every term having an intensive period of interstate trainers and assessments. The last term is dedicated to a professional showcase of the student's work attracting agents and training institutions from all around Australia. APAN strives to be the states most diverse training facility in current performance trends and focus.
1. Please prepare one monologue that meets the following criteria:
- Not to exceed 3 minutes in duration
- A copy of monologue to be submitted to audition panel
2. Please prepare singing solos that meet the following criteria:
- One Musical Theatre solo is requested
- Song not to exceed 3 minutes duration
- Track to be on compact disc and ONLY track on disc or supply own accompanist with sheet music
- Music needs to be instrumental NO BACKING VOCALS
- Open Dance Audition in Call back situations.
Please Note: Students may be asked to sing a second song from their repertoire; and may spend time with Head of vocals for range and technique.
Note: You are not expected to be an expert in all genres. This audition is to assess your ability to adapt, to listen, to commit and attempt various disciplines in Performing Arts. It is desired that the candidate shows a talent and ability in at least two genres. The audition panel will be looking for talent, potential and passion. Pieces will be assessed on both technique and performance. Questions regarding training and experience will be asked in the audition.