Advanced Diploma in Performing Arts (Musical Theatre)
Advanced Diploma in Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) is a full time course that runs on a school term basis over a period of thirty-eight weeks for two years. The units are bundled to provide the student with an in depth study in their specialty area, to extend and challenge the student in their chosen field and equip the artists with necessary skills for independent performers in a competitive industry. This course includes a strong, specialised training with a variety of local and interstate trainers, including group and private tutoring. Students will have the opportunity to train in current commercial trends and experience a wide field of performance and practical opportunities. The Advanced Diploma runs in three school terms of training with every term having an intensive period of interstate trainers and assessments over two years. The last term of each year is dedicated to a professional showcase of the student's work attracting agents and training institutions from all around Australia. Musical Theatre Majors will have a strong all round focus paying particular details to musical theatre specialisation. This includes acting and voice, music and aural training, with extensive training for dance in jazz, classical and tap.
1. Please prepare one monologue that meets the following criteria:
- Not to exceed 3 minutes in duration
- A copy of monologue to be submitted to audition panel
2. Please prepare two singing solos that meet the following criteria:
- Two contrasting Musical Theatre solos
- Song not to exceed 2 minutes duration each
- Track to be on compact disc and ONLY track on disc or supply own accompanist with sheet music
- Music needs to be instrumental NO BACKING VOCALS
- Open Dance Audition in Call back situations.
Note: You are expected to have significant experience in acting and vocal work with dance strong capability. This audition is to assess your technical and performance ability and you will be asked to adapt, to listen, to commit and attempt various disciplines in Performing Arts. The audition panel will be looking for talent, potential and passion. Questions regarding training and experience will be asked in the audition. Candidates will be assessed in all disciplines.